Ladies and Gentleman, In order to be successful it is imperative that you are able to manage stress and have time for yourself. You must take some time for you to debunk and unwind. When you take the time to relax and get away you are able to clear your mind. Once your able to clear your mind, upon returning to your venture you will see that you have fresh new ideas! Below you will find awesome ideas for clearing your mind and relieving stress.
1. Exercise. Join a gym or go for a morning walk. You would be surprised how free your mind thinks when you are doing a work out. It's great for your body, for your confidence, and your mind.
2. Therapeutic Hobbies are some of my favorite ways to unwind. A therapeutic hobby to me is a hobby that allows you to be passionate and put love into what it is, for example my therapeutic hobby is cooking. When I cook a meal I cook it with love and passion and I want for it to taste great so it becomes an art for me. When I am cooking that is the only thing on my mind at that time. It is a complete escape from everything else. I can do it in silence, I can listen to some music but either way it is a therapeutic thing for me.
Other therapeutic hobbies might include: Painting, writing, drawing, meditation, prayers, reading etc..
3. Vacation Time. If you can get away for a week or two that would be awesome. If you can go away to a resort or some villa in Italy that's even more awesome. You would definitely free your mind there! However for a lot of us getting time off from work or having the extra money to travel isn't an option right now. That's o.k! If you can get a weekend off you can enjoy it doing thing's you have never done before. The simple fact that your reading this lets me know that you are savvy enough to find some local shenanigans that would be peaceful, fun, or whatever your cup of tea is to relax. Take advantage of your time off. Do things that are new and break out the monotony. If your off every Tuesday and Tuesday is laundry day you need to skip that every now and again. you can find time during the week to do a couple of loads! You need it to be Treat Tuesday. Have the time to love yourself and clear your mind from stress. You need it!
4. Spas/Massages Need I say more? I think most of us know the glory of spa's and massages. For those of you who have yet to go to a spa or receive some sort of massage please try this soon. Your body will feel great after a day at the spa or a massage. You will feel fresh. You can find local listings online or in your local phone book.
Also you can create your own spa like environment! Take a nice hot bubble bath with some candles, light music playing, new lotions and oils, and you will have a nice time right at home!
5. Take a trip to whatever local wonder you might have. If you live near a lake that has benches go watch the sunset, if you live at the beach go to the beach and watch the sunrise (early bird gets the worm), if you live in the mountains find a scenic view and have some coffee. Looking at beauty with silence is a beautiful thing. That can only be a positive experience.
6. Movies! I know a lot of of people including myself do not go to the movies very often. For numerous reasons. What is it now like $86 for two people but there is nothing we can do about the prices. Check locally if you have a movie theater that plays them at a discount if they serve food. Usually these places offer cheaper ticket prices in hopes that you buy a meal. Movies are great though. They provide a great escape for a couple of hours so whether or not you watch a movie in the theater or you rent it at the red box take that time to watch a movie and let loose.
7. Retail Therapy. Shopping provides a great time away especially because your going to buy something for yourself. Even if its something small go out look around and find a bargain. You will enjoy this time.
8. Go out to eat. Every once in a while if you have the spare cash go out to eat. Save yourself the time to cook and enjoy someone cooking for you and waiting on you. Also may I suggest trying some new cuisine you haven't tried before. If you have never tried Indian food or whatever local cuisine that is around you then try it. Open up your mind culturally and you will see that will be beneficial later. Tip your waiters well they will remember you next time and give you the same great service!
9. Go to a comedy show or rent a comedy special from your local movie rental place (netflixx has an assortment too). Laughter is great medicine for the soul. When ever you can laugh and smile do it! Mix a comedy night with great food and friends and you instantly have an environment of love, laughter, and food for the soul.
10.Games! Games are so much fun why not play them. It can be a board game, a video game, computer games, games with your kids, whatever the game is it will take your mind off of every day stress. Have some fun. Enjoy your life.
11. Picnics or Barbecues. Enjoy nature and being outdoors while having your meal. If you have kids take them to the park for a picnic. While they play read a nice book or listen to some music on your ipod.
12. Music. Put on the music that your in the mood for. I know everyone from time to time takes it back old school and puts on the music they remember listening to growing up and loving that music.