Read through these great learning quotes! You are never to old to learn something new! Including the wisdom that comes in these great quotes about learning!
1. Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.
-Henry L. Doherty
2. I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.
3. When the student is ready, the master appears.
4. Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes
5. I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
6. The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr.
7. Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.
8. All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind.
-Martin H. Fischer
9. The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live.
10. Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will.
11. Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.
-Kurt Vonnegut, Jr
12. No matter how one may think himself accomplished, when he sets out to learn a new language, science, or the bicycle, he has entered a new realm as truly as if he were a child newly born into the world.
13. Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.
14. It is not hard to learn more. What is hard is to unlearn when you discover yourself wrong.
-Martin H. Fischer
15. The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
16. Learning is a lifetime process, but there comes a time when we must stop adding and start updating. -Robert Brault
17. Learning without thought is labor lost.
18. It is what we think we know already that often prevents us from learning.
19. It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
-Harry S Truman
20. We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn.
21. By three methods we ma learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
22. Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
23. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
24. I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it
25. Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.
-William A. Ward
26. Everyone and everything around you is your teacher.
27. Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.
28. One of the reasons people stop learning is that they become less and less willing to risk failure.
-John W. Gardner
29. You aren’t learning anything when you’re talking.
-Lyndon B. Johnson
30. Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
31. Supposing is good, but finding out is better.
32. In doing we learn
I hope you enjoyed these learning quotes! Check out some of our other pages!